Finally, I feel like I have a real handle on this project. It took long enough, and I still haven’t had my worked reviewed by Dr. Billman, but I’m feeling much more confident and optimistic than after my last session. This week, Dr. Billman couldn’t be around at all since he was teaching (I assume at the U’s med school), but he sent me an email to tell me he had left some materials for me to work on. Included in these materials of course were the two dreaded mock code handbooks that I had to suffer through last time, but he also left a note giving me a much clearer assignment this week. I was to review what I had read last week and, based on what I now knew, write out a step by step outline describing the steps I thought the hospital should take in incorporating a mock code program. Although I suppose this had been my assignment all along, the powerpoint template I had gotten earlier had been difficult to apply to my own project, and had ended up confusing me more than really helping. With this outline though, I finally felt like I could apply all that I had learned to this project and really organize my thoughts. Even the mock code manuals seemed easier to understand this week, although I’m sure that this was a direct result of my discouraging efforts to understand them during my last session. In his note, Dr. Billman said that my outline would be the subject of our discussion next week, so I’m looking forward to some actual feedback from my supervisor after almost a month of work.