What I've learned about DiSC

I've now taken both the Everything DiSC Workplace Profile and the DiSC Classic Profile. I have to say I preferred the first one. It was easier to take even though both were available to take online. Not having to make forced choices on what term best described me made Workplace easier. I could just indicate how a term applied to me on a scale.

When I took DiSC Classic I was profiled as having a D style. I think that was because I was having to direct so much work and do so much politicking at my job. Recently I took it again and was probably more appropriately profiled with a C style.

It's kind of hard to believe that the guy who created Wonder Woman is the same guy who laid the groundwork research for this assessment tool. But I think he was a pragmatic guy and I love it that he was interested in normal human behavior back in a time when most researchers were not.

The people at DiSCProfile.com were kind enough to let me give the same assessment to my husband and run a DiSC comparison report for the both of us. That's a really powerful tool. Even though the assessment was oriented towards the workplace, it provided insights that could also be used at home.

Posted by bullwink at April 27, 2011 11:14 AM