« Family Communication | Main

Still reliving the memories........

Even after 2 weeks at home, i'm reliving the memories of this "trip of a lifetime" to learn about Mexican culture. I'm very appreciative of the Augsburg staff who really set the tone for a trip that was truly an educational and life changing experience. I think often of our home stay family. I think Rosi and I learned that we can actually communicate quite well even without language. Our home family really helped me become more sensitive and "tuned into" family culture and how similar it is to my own. We are all much more alike than we are different. I still feel emotional remembering their parting comments that "when you are in Cuernavaca, our home is your home". Just a small amount of time spent with people can be very meaningful. We did spend small times with so many aspects of the history and culture of Mexico but indeed it was so meaningful and applicable to our work. I know that in coming weeks I will continue to be impacted by those experiences with my new experiences as I work with Latino families in SWMN.