« July 16 Message | Main | August 14 message »

July 24 message

Good Morning: I hope all of you have had a good week. A few things to share this week:

County Fairs: Yellow Medicine County fair concludes this weekend and the Redwood and Lincoln Fairs are next week. I know all of you are very busy making sure that all of the fairs are a positive experience for the 4H participants and a great representation of Extension programming. Thanks for all you are doing.

Farmer Lender Mediation: Due to the current economic issues on may farms, there is an increase in the number of creditors that are sending Farmer - Lender mediation notices and farmers that are requesting mediations services. Requests for Farmer Lender Mediation go to the Statewide Mediation Coordinator Mary Nell Preisler. If farmers or lenders have questions about mediation they can contact Mary Nell at 218 935 5785. The publications "About Farmer-Lender Mediation" and "Seeking Solutions in Difficult Times" can be helpful resources for people coming to your office with Mediation questions.

Farm Rent Survey: Later this summer the Extension Farm Business Management team will be conducting a farm rent survey. The survey will be done on-line using Survey Monkey. Renters or land owners who do not have access to internet may be coming to their local County Extension Office for assistance in entering their rental information.

My Schedule: I will be on vacation July 27 - 31 riding bicycle in the 2009 MS TRAM. MS TRAM is a 275 mile ride across Minnesota to benefit Multiple Sclerosis Research. If you need to get in touch with me next week, I will have my cell phone with me and will check e-mail late each day. The following week, I will be working at Farmfest Monday through Thursday, August 3-6. I will not have a blog message next week.

Have a great weekend.

Bob