« July 21 message | Main | August 25 message »

August 18 message

Good Morning: My blog message this week is being sent to an expanded address list, including the entire staff at the Marshall and Hutchinson Regional Offices. The reason for this expanded list is to share some information about upcoming administrative changes.

As we all know, there are a significant number of our colleagues who will be retiring from Extension this year or early 2012. In the very near future, Dean Bev Durgan will share the list of individuals who have chosen to retire.

One of the individuals who will be retiring is Director of Field Operation Lee Raeth. Lee has provided great leadership to Extension in general and specifically to Field Operations. Lee's contributions will be greatly missed when he retires at the end of this year.

Dean Durgan has asked, and I have accepted appointment as Director of Field Operations. My appointment to this role will begin in January, 2012.

In the next weeks, we will share the next step for Regional Director leadership in our regions. We will also be in communication with County Extension Committees, County Commissioners and other stakeholders in the regions. I will involve many of you in that communication process, and ask that you refrain from sharing this information with the CEC's or Commissioners until we have had that communication.

I welcome any questions and suggestions that you may have, and look forward to working with many of you on this transition.

Thank you,

Bob