Lectures Online 2004-5

Lectures Online is almost ready. While there are a few minor unknowns, I expect LoL to be up and running smoothly by Wednesday at noon at the latest. My apologies to anybody planning on LoLing the first day of school - you might have to wait a day to get your info. But for crying out loud - it's the FIRST DAY! And it's not like they give you any real info on the first day that's on the test, right....

Posted by calv0016 at 3:11 PM

Happy Birthday, Internet

"NEW YORK (AP) -- Thirty-five years after computer scientists at UCLA linked two bulky computers using a 15-foot gray cable, testing a new way to exchange data over networks, what would ultimately become the Internet remains a work in progress."

Ya don't say! And here I thought it was a finished product. Full story is here.

Posted by calv0016 at 3:52 PM

New Look

hope everybody likes the new format. Now that the U of M has their own blog system, we're in the process of ditching our old host, Blogger (now owned by Google). Hopefully this will clear up some of the formatting issues and give us greater flexibility. I also rolled the general html pages over to a CSS-based format based on the official U of M suggested template. Let me know what you think.

Posted by calv0016 at 3:51 PM