Summer in Review

So, the summer is now officially over. School started. Back to the grind. So, what did I do this summer....

1) ICU epi research This research wasn't all that hard to do (hey, sitting in your jammies while working can't be too bad), and extremely productive. I have one abstract off to the local ACP Scientific Meeting, I'll soon send an abstract in for the national ACP Student Abstract Competition, I have a presentation to the Dept. of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine in late October, an abstract for American Thoracic Society's annual meeting in late October, and then a manuscript from my data, and perhaps a manuscript from my data merged with some other data. Whew!

2) Anatomy Webpage This went pretty well, I'd say. Definitely a nice group to work with. Here's the final product. Now if only the undergrad security would work, this would be about perfect.

3) Evidence Based Medicine Project This project was a bit more difficult, as the requirements changed frequently, I had few meetings with Dr. Benson, and I was given very little guidance. As this progresses this year, I hope to keep involved and really help evolve the project.

4)New Class Webpage I reformated the Class of 2007 webpage, and I think it looks pretty nice now.

5)Clinical experiences. I spent some significant time in the ICU, shadowing a general internist in downtown Minneapolis, and visiting the 3 IM programs in town. It was very nice getting a little bit more clinical experience.

6)Goofing off. I did sneak in a bit of R&R. 'Nuff said.

Posted by calv0016 at September 7, 2004 10:58 PM