« Possible Titles... | Main | Presentations Number Two »

Presentations

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed. ~Mohandas K. Gandhi

From the presentations that I have seen and from doing my own project, I have learned a lot of shocking information. It's actually scary to think about what goes on in our world that we don't realize without researching it. We would have no idea about the deteriorating state of the earth without it being constantly talked about in the media. We would also have no idea of the millions that live in poverty for that matter. After hearing the research people have done and after doing my own I would be lying if I wasn't shocked and overcome with a feeling of guilt.

For this blog I won't focus on poverty, but a topic that is also very important in our world: recycling.

Photobucket

The statistics of the amount of waste produced in our country is mind bottling (like when your thoughts are flying around in your head like they're trapped in bottle - Blades of Glory). The one thing that I am very happy about is our societies sudden urge to take recycling seriously. Products are being made from recycled materials, and they themselves are recycled. Events that draw massive amounts of waste like concerts and other public events are being cleaned up with the trash being recycled. These are actually majors steps in cleaning up our environment.

Another thing thats is nice to see is sustainable developments.

Photobucket

Every one of these that is completed takes us one step closer to creating these communities primarily and actually make a sustainable world. Who knows how realistic that is but I would definitely like to think optimistically. It would most likely take large amount of solar panels and wind generators, there may not be enough room on this planet. We as people that live on this planet definitely need to start taking these hings seriously though. Disastrous changes may not happen to our planet in our lifetime but definitely will in the lives of our children, and our children's children.