« President's Day and You! | Main | Gladys Reyes? About her "condition" ... »

Snow Emergencies and U!

Snow emergencies are impossible to navigate. This is the first time I've ever had to deal with one. I am fortunate enough to live in an apartment complex with an off-street parking lot. I am not, however, at my apartment. I am currently in Dinkytown not watching the Academy Awards. Nay, I am diligently doing my homework while frantically worrying about my car.

I parked on 2nd street, which has been completely plowed to the curb. When I parked, there was at least one other car around so I felt better about my decision; although, I doubt tow-trucks buy into the whole "safety in numbers" concept. Still, it was reassuring. I even checked that today was an odd day (25) and that the addresses were odd on my side of the street. Everything checked out, so I put on the parking break and headed for my destination.

Still not fully comfortable, I immediately fired up my laptop and Googled "Minneapolis Snow Emergency," at which point I was bombarded by myriad useless websites put oEnter away message text here.ut by the City of Minneapolis.

The most helpful of which? Right here. And to be honest, it's not saying much. The only solace I find is within the following passage.

After a street is fully plowed to the curb, feel free to park there, even if Snow Emergency parking rules are still in effect. Fully plowed means the street is completely cleared and plowed to the curb. Plows may come through more than once, so make sure that it is fully plowed to the curb before parking.

I am still bobbing up from the couch every time I see flashing lights, just to make sure my car is where I left it. I have photographic evidence proving the street was "fully plowed" as according to the aforementioned specifications. But we all know that odd nights turn into even mornings, and I just hope I'm back in the safety of my own lot by then.

I wish the rest of you the best of luck.

Additional Information/Related Links