? No-one wants to be lonely | Main | I don't want to play 20 Questions! ?

Blown Off Course!

When I was preparing my mind today for the course I would be riding my bike, I did not realize that it was an eventful choice. I was indecisive about it right up until I got on my bike and started riding. I decided to take a longer route that would give me a little more exercise and vary my routine.
The route took me South for about a mile then turned West. As I rounded the corner I was met with a very powerful head-on wind. By the time I traveled another quarter mile the wind was stronger and I was tired already. This part of the route was familiar to me and I knew a shortcut home so I decided to cut the ride short. There would be other days for long rides I rationalized. I really didnít feel like riding today but I knew that I would have enjoyed the ride once I was out there and committed to it. I ended up cutting my route down to about a third of what I had chosen to ride initially.
When I was only about a block from my house, I noticed an old friend I had not seen in a very long time out in her yard pulling weeds. Still gasping for breath, I pulled up and called to her.
We talked for about 20 minutes and I felt like it was a liberating experience for both of us. She needed to get a few things out of herself and felt alone in some of the struggles she was having. After I returned home, I reflected on what had happened. Thatís when I realized that I had not been blown off course at all! I was blown Ďoní course. I thought, ďGod works in mysterious ways.Ē It was still up to me to be observant and see my friend in her yard and choose to stop. But I also laughed and thought that if didnít stop I probably would have had a flat tire right there!

Posted by carl1236 at May 21, 2004 10:51 PM | Knowing God