? The Motivation List | Main | Universal Language ?

More Motivation

I have updated “The Motivation List” It now has 21 items to help us elevate our enthusiasm! Perfect timing for the start of Fall classes in a couple of weeks. Most of today’s entry is about motivation, so you have to click on that link to read the numbers 14 through 21 which I added. I also made changes to numbers 10 and 11. I’m enjoying this list so far and have benefited already from the search.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those of you learning a foreign language, while I was searching on the internet for motivation, ;-) , I found a link to a book on language learning. Download a free copy of Success with Foreign Languages. and it looks pretty interesting. See also my post about How to learn any Language.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also tonight I went out to eat with my friend Sam, who’s in Korean class with me.. We had a good Korean meal at “The Mirror of Korea” on Snelling Avenue. I tried a Kimchi pancake for the first time! (kimchi-jon) It was very good! The food was good and the company was great! And it was motivating to talk with a classmate about the upcoming class. Thanks Sam! See you in class in a couple of weeks!

Posted by carl1236 at August 25, 2004 9:45 PM | Attitude | motivation

Your link to the language learning book is terrific! I am an older student who will be beginning the study of Polish in a couple of weeks and there was a lot of good material there.

I enjoy your blog and read it almost every day. I hope you keep writing!

Posted by: Sno Cones at August 27, 2004 10:27 PM

Wow, thank you! I'm discovering that I really enjoy writing this blog. I like languages also! To me the Slavic languages are very interesting. You might have read that I study Russian also. I started learning that when I was doing some english tutoring for a family that came from Belerus. I think that we can develop much deeper and meaningful relationships when we can communicate with people in their native languages. It certainly goes a long way toward building bridges.
I am living proof that someone older than a child can learn a foreign lanuage. (I'm 41) With a little enthusiasm, curiosity and effort you'll be speaking in no time. Well maybe in a lot of time, haha, because like all people it really takes a lifetime to master our own language. But it's fun getting there!
Thanks again for your kind comments. Enjoy your Class!
John

Posted by: John at August 27, 2004 10:48 PM