? Seeing the commonalities verses the differences | Main | When they look at me, Lord let them see you ?

God is always available to us

Friday, September 3, 2004 PLOG Entry Five.

Highlights of the day:

Riding all available pavement on the island. While riding I saw a Llama! I stopped to take a picture and he came over to the fence to say hello.
Doing our annual hike through the Big Bay State Park and jumping off the rocks into Lake Superior! Cooooooold! It takes my breath away.
Cheese and bread for lunch in the sun on the rocks by Lake Superior.
Taking an afternoon nap in the shade outside on the lawn.
Reading outside on the grass.

God is always available to us

I was reading a book called Going Home, by Thich Nhat Hanh. It’s inspiring in several ways. For one, the wisdom in his writing transcends much of our current dogma used for excuses to hate each other.
One of the themes in the book is that God is always available to us. We just have to be willing to touch God, to have intention and determination to do so. God is Love, Peace, Stability and Freedom. All of that is available to us right now, 14 hours per day. (see page 38, page 8 – Andre’ Gide)
But the question is, are we always touching God, 24 hours per day? God is the base of all being. The absolute, unchanging all in all. The beginning, the end, and the eternal. We can touch God by looking deeply and touching the phenomenal world deeply. In the Creation we see the Creator who sustains and makes life possible. We see the ground of all being.

Posted by carl1236 at September 3, 2004 9:56 PM | Knowing God