? Learning Chin Falam | Main | The loss of an hour ?

Drafting

Tonight I rode my bike with Dan again. Dan is a super athlete and a great guy. I talked about the concept of drafting in cycling before. The literal meaning of that term is to follow closely behind someone so they block the wind and you get pulled along in their draft. Itís easier riding for sure. Iíve tested it many times and it works. To me there is a metaphorical meaning also. When I was riding tonight with Dan I was reminded of this again. Dan is a very encouraging person. He always has a good attitude about cycling and is encouraging to those around him. Looking back over the past 8 months, I see Iíve been drafting behind Dan in this sport. And now itís fun riding 23 miles with a friend. Hanging out with someone who is encouraging to others is like drafting in life. It can make the rough spots a lot easier to handle. This is something thatís within our immediate capability and can make a difference in someone elseís life. Want to make a difference in this world? Be encouraging to others.

Posted by carl1236 at November 11, 2004 5:48 AM | Life