? Technical Support | Main | A walk in the park ?

Love letters

Tonight I wrote a letter to a young college student I am helping in India. She is working on her bachelors degree. She sent me an email recently that was very heartwarming and thoughtful. I was thinking about how we effect other people in life. I hope that other people are effected in a positive way by my presence in their life. I donít want to leave a legacy or make a name for myself, I just want to write love letters. Love letters, not in the sense of romance, but in the sense of loving everyone I speak to in a way that positively effects their lives. I would like to be a person who does not damage or destroy what is in my path through life, but instead leaves people better off for having known me. So with love, I wrote back to this girl with encouragement on writing her thesis, thankfulness to her for sharing her life with me, money to help her through the rest of her school this year (she graduates in February), and I shared our family life with her, as if she were my own daughter. She has no parents and one of the ways I can positively effect her life is by giving her however much love I am capable of. Today was another good day for writing love letters.

Posted by carl1236 at November 11, 2004 6:41 AM | Life