? Nothing to say | Main | Bike Ninja II ?

Happy Birthday

Today is my birthday. I had a really good day so I'm thankful for that. The day I was born it was 13 degrees outside. Today is a bit colder than 13, but inspite of that I rode my bike to work and I did my exercise routine and my wife and I went out for dinner and to the bookstore.
I got a little chuckle at the bookstore tonight. My wife saw a book on how to cure your procrastination and said, "I'll come back and get that book tomorrow." Then a little later I found a book on addictive behavior to help me stop buying books. We laughed at that too.
It was really cool though, because I had a 50 dollar gift card to spend at Barnes & Noble's. That was fun! Do you want to know what I bought for 50 dollars? Almost everything was on sale.
1. A book on Addiction
2. A book on books
3. An Italian cookbook with little stories - Si Mangia?
4. A book and CD on Meditation
5. A book on designing and building your dream home
6. A very large book on Painting
7. A 2005 Dog calendar
8. A novel for my wife
9. An exercise book
10. "How to think like Leonardo da Vinci - Seven steps to Genius every day.
(I'll let you know if either book number 1 or number 10 works.)

Tomorrow I'm going to ride my bike to work to show everyone it can be done safely even in negative 30 degree weather. The key is really in having NO EXPOSED skin. If you are walking or riding your bike on Friday make sure you dress properly. Frostbite happens in seconds and can effect you the rest of your life.

Posted by carl1236 at January 13, 2005 11:15 PM | Life

Happy Birthday :)

Posted by: RR at January 14, 2005 8:52 AM

Thanks RR :-)

Posted by: John at January 15, 2005 12:07 AM