? One Meme or another | Main | MBPA 2005 Annual Meeting ?

Running out for dinner

Tonight I literally ran out for dinner. This was a creative workout. I ran 2.8 miles to Burger King, ordered dinner, paid for it, then waited a few minutes and my daughter showed up to give me and dinner a ride back home. My family didn't have to wait for their order and I got to run. This is all part of my workout for cycle racing this Spring. Running is part of my training plan I'm still running, so that's good. Sometimes it's nice to change up our routine to make it more adventurous and interesting. Running out for dinner is much more interesting than just driving out for dinner don't you think? And 2.8 miles is almost the 5k running race I've entered: The 20th annual Securian Frozen 5K, on Saturday, February 5, 2005. I plan on running slightly less than 8 minute miles. That's what I've been working toward for the last couple of weeks.
Oh by the way, if you ever run out for dinner, you may find that you can't wait to get home to start eating it. Running in the fresh air really works up the appetite.

Posted by carl1236 at January 24, 2005 9:49 PM | Cycle Racing