? The Library takes on a new life | Main | Have no fear ?

Another Journal Topic

from my daughters Journal Topic list:

1. Are you more like Twister or Scrabble? How so?

Iím more like Scrabble because Iím made up of a series of events that all fit together sequentially creating my experiences. Though at times I may feel like Twister, I believe that nothing is random and that everything I experience is the result of my choices and how I react to what has been played out already. I have the ability to change the outcome of my destiny by making different choices. Like in Scrabble, most of my choices are carefully thought out and I like to plan for better results. If things donít work out right, I know I can search for better options, change my priorities, make better choices and create a better life.

Posted by carl1236 at February 24, 2005 10:47 PM | Blogging

Yeah, I'm a little behind. But, anyway - I'm curious about the running thing. Maybe for one of your Journal Topics you could compare & contrast biking and running? How do they compare as exercise? Costs? Safety? Soul-searching potential?

Posted by: nathan at March 1, 2005 5:17 PM

And, if you had to give one up, which would you choose? Why?

Posted by: nathan at March 1, 2005 5:18 PM

ok, good idea Nathan! I'll work on that and post it as a main entry. Thanks! But as a preview of what I will say, I won't have to give up one of them, because I'm choosing to run in addition to cycling as a more well rounded, anti-osteoperosis bone density creating fitness program, along with weight training, which I haven't quite managed to get into my routine much yet. So it's not a matter of choosing one over the other, it's a matter of choosing the best of both worlds.
More later. Thanks Nathan!

Posted by: John at March 1, 2005 8:42 PM