? Palagummi Sainath revisited | Main | Short Timerís Attitude ?

The great snow adventure ride

tonight I rode my bike home from work and it was really an adventure! I got one of my greatest workouts ever! I'd say on a difficulty scale this was about equal to a 3-4 mile run. And I learned a few tricks about balancing and staying upright when the bike is sliding all over. Like purposefully turning the wheel to maintain balance. After getting out of downtown I couldn't ride on the side of the road because it was too thick and my fat mountain bike tires were just floating over the snow and sliding all over the place. So I rode in the ruts where the cars were driving and for the most part It was slushy and I hit pavement. I made pretty good time going home but I was drenched with sweat by the time I reached my house. I couldn't ride up my block because it gets very little car traffic, so I had to walk a hallf a block to my house pushing my bike.
So if my coworker called me crazy for riding my bike in this weather but I made it home safely, got a great workout and had fun doing it, is it crazy?

Posted by carl1236 at March 18, 2005 9:12 PM | Winter-Biking

Yep, you're crazy. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. I stayed home today, as you can tell by my prolific blogging.

Posted by: Jim at March 18, 2005 11:12 PM