? The good little consumer | Main | Losing Sole, Gaining Soul ?

Another Emergency

I don't know, I don't really have a category for traffic accidents. Tonight when my daughter was coming home, two kids ran out in front of her so she had to slam on the breaks. One kid ran off scared and the other stood in the middle of the road like a deer staring into the headlights. My daughter stopped in time, but the guy behind her swerved and hit a sign, missing her car. The car following him swerved around his tail end and slammed into my daughters car. Her car sustained a lot of back end and rear quarterpanel damage.
After this accident my daughter felt a lot of pain in her neck and was having trouble moving without hurting. So we took her into the emergency room to be checked out. I guess there was no bone damage, and they said that her muscles were strained but she would be ok. She got some pain killers and was sent home. I'm just thankful that everyone involved in the accident is still alive.
That was my adventure for tonight.

Prior to that I had talked my neighbor into going for a bike ride with me around the neighborhood. That was fun, but how much fun should a person be allowed to have in one day. Now I'm off to bed exhausted.

Posted by carl1236 at May 30, 2005 10:58 PM | Life

Oh, that could have been horrible! I hope nothing creeps up on your daughter, physically or emotionally. I'm sending a package of mojo via Karma-mail your family's way. Good luck.

Peace.

Posted by: nathan at May 31, 2005 5:01 PM

Good to hear your daughter will be ok. Sounds like a traumatic experience. Just another day behind the wheel I suppose.

Posted by: Jim at May 31, 2005 8:58 PM

There were two drivers going too fast, one following too closely behind the other and not paying attention. My daughter was completely stopped by the time she was hit from behind. I think that she'll be ok. they checked her out at the hospital and it appeared there was no skeletal/spinal damage, mainly soreness on the muscles on the sides of the neck, which is pretty common in whiplash type injuries. We'll see.

This is part of the car culture.

Posted by: John at May 31, 2005 9:20 PM