? more riding | Main | Morning Sprint Ride ?

A night out

Tonight we went to a dinner and one guy had a few too many drinks. It happens sometimes. The host felt it necessary to apologize for this person's behavior. I told her that it wasn't necessary for her to apologize because she was a perfect host and everything was wonderful. I know how it goes. Sometimes we get over nervous in new situations and over do it. Actually tonight I overdid it too. I ate two large plates of food and drank way too much alcohol. I don't think I made a fool of myself thankfully. I'd hate to have the host make excuses for me. She was a wonderful host and the food was great and it was a fun little party. The guy wasn't really that bad underneath.
I'd better get to bed soon though, because tomorrow I'm doing a hard training ride. Actually I've been getting between eight and nine hours of sleep all week and I can't believe the energy I've had, even when increasing my physical activities. I think the combination of heavy exercise, eating a lot of calories and exercising hard feels really good.
Saturday's ride:
"Time: 7:30 AM
Location: At the Grand Performance shop
Description: A 2.5 hour ride, including several sprints. Generally Summit to the High Bridge, winding south to Cliff Road, back through Eagan to Hwy 13, west over the pedestrian bridge along 494, up 34th in Bloomington to Post Road, through Ft. Snelling State Park to Minnehaha Falls. Up the West River Road to the Franklin Avenue Bridge. Back down the East River Road to Summit and back to the shop.
This is a hard ride, sometimes with up to 40 riders. Occasionally, the ride will break into two groups."

Then at one o'clock I'm doing a group ride from the Sibley Bike Depot to Minnehaha falls. That will be a fun, pleasant social ride. No stress. I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone and hanging out.

My brother is here from Albuquerque, NM, so we are spending about 5 hours at my Aunt's house visiting with relatives. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of them again!

It's going to be a full day tomorrow so now I'm off to bed.
Sweet dreams!

Posted by carl1236 at June 10, 2005 9:53 PM | Life

Mmm, New Mexico. My wife and I , both of us from Mimmesota, lived there for almost ten years. Ah, I miss it. We went back there last fall and driving into Albuquerque felt like coming home. Alas, it was for less than a week...

We brought back a bunch of green chile, though! :)

Posted by: nathan at June 13, 2005 1:19 PM