? To Gilbert and Back | Main | The Problem with being a morning person ?

Plog #5 Ė Sunday, August 14, 2005

I went for a approximately six-mile run this morning from the campsite down to Lake Ore-Be-Gone where I saw a fox, who unhurredly trotted off the road while keeping an eye on me, then I painfully ran back up the hill, along the bike trail almost to Eveleth, then south on an ATV trail to a pit lake owned and fenced off by a GGG Land and Mining or something like that. Someone had pried the fence back and made a path down to the lake, so I ran down to check it out. There was a rope swing hanging from a tree over the water and a pile of beer and soda cans in a pile by the shore. I discovered someoneís hangout. It was a very cool, secluded place. When I was a kid we had a rope swing over the water too. It brought back good memories.
After my run I sat and had a cup of coffee, showered and changed. Then we packed up and left for home at 10:30am. On the way home we stopped at my mom and dadís and had lunch with them. I looked at their bikes and my brotherís bike to see if I could do anything with them. yes, but not there. They needed new parts to replace the old, broken, corroded and dry-rotted. Itíll have to wait until September now unfortunately, since Iím out of time this month already with too many activities.

Coming home was a little bit of a relief and sad. Itís like this I think when you take a vacation that totally takes your mind off the life and struggles you face back home. Itís like living a different life even for a brief moment. This is why we need a day of rest. If all of our struggles are relentless, there is no time to regroup, meet new people like Mark and gain new hope for the future.

Posted by carl1236 at August 14, 2005 11:01 PM | Balance