? PLOG time again | Main | intellectually and brilliantly ‘dissing’ each other ?

Extending my vacation - I'm back but in denial

Labor Day weekend is over and I'm back from Lake Superior. It was beautiful there and that lake is awesome! As I said before I'm going to go to Acadia Cafe tonight so today's blog entry is about that.
I met Katey and Gordon at the Bike-in-at-the Bell and bought two copies of their CD. I gave one to my daughter, who loved it, and I've been listening to the other one. Then I found out that Katey and Gordon are leaving town and travelling around the U.S. In an email from Katey, I was told that tonight is their farewell evening in the Twin Cities and also that this unique thing they had going, Pedalling Records is being passed on to someone else. I look forward to going to Acadia Cafe tonight for a couple of reasons. First, to get to hear Katey and Gordon live. Secondly, to experience something I haven't before. It will be an extension of my vacation. Tomorrow I'll be back at work.

As a quick summary, I had a great 5 days and did some good hard workouts. It felt great! I came within 15 feet of two bear cubs but luckily no mama bear. And I did backflips off the cliffs into Lake Superior. It took my breath away.

More about my vacation tomorrow! Right now I have music to experience.

Acadia Cafe
Monday, September 05, 2005
Time: 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM
Cover Charge: $3.00
Ages: All Ages

Peddling Records Showcase presents a "Fine Engagement" Featuring: Your Loving Tiger,
Wallace Wyllie, Rick Ross (of RAWBEAST), Allen Moore, Katie and the Chicadees plus special guest appearances.
This event doubles as a send-off for Gordon and Keteya and Triples as we christen a new era in Peddling Records History as the label changes hands.
A warm welcome is extended to all.

Posted by carl1236 at September 5, 2005 5:43 PM | Life