? Change | Main | Too cool to be true ?

Winter Cycling Revisted

Ok, it's been a couple of days now since it got cold, icy and snowy. And windy. I've been riding my bike but didn't feel like it was anything to talk about because it's not that bad. My fingers got really cold though coming home last night, but it wasn't too bad. I curled up my fingers inside my gloves to warm them up, one hand at a time so I could still brake with the other. Other than that I'm back to my original problem of skin and extremeties getting cold while my body core heats up too much and I sweat. I will probably figure out the optimum clothing to wear just as the snow is melting haha.
I am still seeing a few bicyclists out riding around and on my way to and from work the past two days I've seen someone else's tire tracks in the slush and snow ahead of me.
Also, now my chain is squealing so I'd better lube it tomorrow. I saw someone else in the shop with their mountain bike and it was covered with salt already. sad. I bet my fenders are white underneath. I haven't looked yet but my bike is not too dirty so they must be doing their job.
Winter biking is cool. very cool, but it is cool. Sometimes cold, but mostly cool. Very cool. It can be done. I'm doing it and it's ok and I'm enjoying it. So far so good, and it's hardly worth another line until something extroardinary happens.

Posted by carl1236 at November 17, 2005 8:24 PM | Winter-Biking

Good for you! Ride on!

Posted by: Jill at November 18, 2005 5:32 PM

Thanks! YoU ARE COOL!:-)

Posted by: John at November 18, 2005 9:49 PM