? Don't Give Up! | Main | Running into Mr. L. ?

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.

Going into confession a person says, "Forgive me Father for I have sinned." God answers back, "No." Sitting silently for a moment, the person then stammers, "But, but, this isn't how it's supposed to work!" There was silence. The person waited and still there was no reply, so once more the person asked for forgiveness. Then God said, "No. you do not deserve forgiveness."
The person was really shocked and beginning to become scared. This is not how confession is supposed to work for sure! In confession a person admits wrongdoing, confesses the transgression and is pardoned. But this is unwavering and unforgiving. After another long pause, the person began to cry. "But Father, please forgive me, I will never do that again!" God answered, "No, you will not do what is necessary to redeem yourself, so you will die." "Wha...wha...what did you say?" the person said, shaking vigorously now. "I am to die? Please, I will do anything you ask."
And to that God replied, "Then Give me back my Dodo Bird."

As human beings we have really messed up a lot. And it's all because of greed and selfishness. Self-centered, short-term thinking. We have destroyed countless species of God's creation and still do. We are a contentious lot and yet we ask forgiveness. Dead as a Dodo we are.

Posted by carl1236 at December 24, 2005 3:17 AM | Attitude

this is silly.
God is fake, heaven is fake, hell is fake.

Posted by: lisa at April 29, 2006 7:08 AM

And our way of killing other beings and taking what we desire is serious life. The idea that we can do whatever we want to others and then just say I'm sorry and it'll be ok is insincere. Or in many cases not even saying I'm sorry, but thinking it's our right to take and justifying it. The Dodo Bird and countless other species have dissappeared thanks to human beings and can't be replaced. That's not silly to me. It's sad.

Posted by: John at April 30, 2006 7:19 AM

God is real so is heavenand the angels. who do you think blesses us? God. God is the almighty and powerful, the one that can heal and forgive all.

Posted by: Lissandra Pe at May 12, 2006 7:28 PM

Yes.

Posted by: John at May 13, 2006 12:12 AM

People often confuse forgiveness as a free pass to doing wrong. The confessional booth is not meant for someone to sin, be forgiven, and to sin again having past sins being disreguarded. The confessional booth and the forgiveness that God gives is meant as a redemption so that the sinner may better himself so that he may not have to be forgiven for the same sin as before...

Posted by: Jacob at September 12, 2006 1:00 PM