? Hiawatha Cyclery Window | Main | Sometimes I don't know If I'm making a difference ?

MnHPVA Ice-bike Races

Today was a great day! I went to the MnHPVA Ice-Bike Races on Rogers Lake. It was a lot of fun playing on the ice. My studded tires worked great! I gave it my best shot and came in second overall. That was a blast. As a prize, I got some smoked fish. I can't wait to eat it.
There were some very interesting vehicles there and about 22 participants. And what a beautiful day to be outside! On the way home, Karl and I were talking about how it's important to get outside and learn to enjoy our northern climate. The alternative is near hybernation.

It was a lot of fun and I look forward to future events put on by MnHPVA. Ice-bike races are definately a cool thing!

Posted by carl1236 at February 11, 2006 11:59 PM | Winter-Biking

Congratulations, John!

Posted by: nathan at February 14, 2006 10:25 AM

Haha, well, thank you Nathan! I can't say that it's a particular honor or award of great meaning, except that I was out there with all of the other great people playing on the ice in February! One thing that struck me was the great attitudes of these people. Everyone I talked to there had an inventive, creative, can-do attitude and enjoyed playing. It was evident in the banter and excitement of what was going on. Haha, even as I was getting ready for a second or third run at the time trial, one lady there told me that instead of tucking in my pants legs, I should open up my jacket, untuck my pants legs and create a little wind drag. "I don't think you have the right attitude for this. I saw you cruising on that last run. You were really going!" Yes, I might not have been laid back enough during the races, lol. After all it is all for fun and my smoked fish I won was really awesome, kind of humorous and better than winning a cup or T-shirt or something! But even better was the great people I got to meet just because I went out there and played on the ice with them. What kind of people do this anyway!? Next year Nathan, you have to come out and play with us! It was just too much fun to describe. I'll post some pictures up here soon.

Posted by: John at February 15, 2006 1:48 AM