? Return of the missing kitty | Main | I paid my fee so I have to do it ?

Pysanki Demonstration Success!

Today I did my first ever Pysanki demonstration. It was a lot of fun! I love talking to people about art anyway and explaining how it's done and exchanging artistic ideas, etc. Art is a good way to connect with other people I think, and we are all artistic in some way, though we often feel self-conscious about allowing ourselves to be creative and worried about what others think about our creative efforts.
I spent about six hours in the Lisan gallery of art and design today talking, showing my work and demonstrating. Actually I was only supposed to be there from noon until three pm, but I was having fun. I didn't sell any eggs, but it was still fun. My next event is to display my eggs in a coffee shop downtown St. Paul. We'll set them up during the middle of this week. Then on April 21st, 22nd and 23rd is the St. Paul Art Crawl. A busy month for artwork. Thankfully then the pressure will be off until July for any kind of displays or demonstrations. Then I'm teaching a workshop on Ukrainian 'Pysanki'. So I guess today's demo was a good taste of what's to come and good early preparation for July.

Posted by carl1236 at April 8, 2006 11:59 PM | Art