? Design Flaws | Main | A wonderful, exciting, full bike day ?

Running a volunteer non-profit corporation

Running any business takes a lot of time. We have a non-profit 501c3 organization with a board of directors who are responsible for the welfare of the corporation. I'm the President of the corporation. It's a real business but none of the board members get paid. We are a volunteer run, non-profit. So what volunteer would be crazy enough to run a business on the side with no compensation? Because most of us have to have real jobs also. We do it because we believe in what we have here and feel like it's a good thing to keep going. We're not generating a lot of revenue but we are touching a lot of lives and making people more self-sufficient and empowered. The low-cost services and products we provide are only part of the benefit of this organization. A major benefit is the learning that goes on inside our walls. But it's still crazy because it takes a lot of time. Volunteering is like that. Sometimes we put in a lot of our life's energy, passion and time into a volunteer activity, not to mention our own resources. Why do we do it? Maybe it's just because it's a good thing to do.

Posted by carl1236 at April 14, 2006 11:58 PM | Attitude | Life

Hello!

I from Myanmar. I am interesting to study Computer Science Like a fool Man. I want to get there and study the Course in there. But I can't afford money and it is become Aa biggest problem. Will you Please give me some advice by mailing me.God bless you. Thanks.

Posted by: Oothom at May 13, 2006 10:21 PM

Hello!

Where are you from in Myanmar?

Posted by: John at May 14, 2006 5:12 PM