? Melvin and the Car wash | Main | What I am currently reading ?

Organization

Today I was filing and organizing. I learned the korean word for 'file folder' while I was sorting papers into them. I don't know if I'll ever use this word in the future. This is anj issue with learning a foreign language. The object is to communicate in someone elses native language in any given situation. So I have to learn every word that a native might know. I know the word for file folder in my language. I guess I learned that word sometime as a young teen. I never had a need for it before then. But now I do.
So I really believe I am the most organized now, just after the move to the new building. I was only this organized when I first started the job. Then the pressures of time and volume of work caught up to me and I lost my motivation for being so detailed and clean. I did what I had to get done. But it wasn't enough. Now I have a chance to start over and it feels good. Starting over does feel good, because I threw out a lot of stuff (recycled a lot of stuff).
Tomorrow is Friday and I'll have spent one whole week in my new office and I think I'm getting used to it now. I already like having the larger, shared lunchroom. I see more people from different departments that I've worked with than I did in the old building. It's kind of fun.

Posted by carl1236 at April 27, 2006 8:49 PM | Life