? Communication | Main | Now it's raining, I don't have to mow ?

Frantic Lives

Time and Life. Very deep subjuct. I noticed how frantic my day was, and how much stuff I did and didn't get done. For instance, I spent all day doing bicycle related things and didn't mow my lawn. Now tomorrow night I am doing cycle training and that will take up my time. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll get home early enough that I can still mow the lawn, but I'm sure I'll be exhausted then. So then it'll be Tuesday night for mowing lawn and doing some gardening.
I keep thinking about my reflections on time and still feel like I've had it all backwards my whole life. Society teaches us that time can be manipulated. Like we can "Save Time," "Take back our time," "Gain more Time," or "Not have enough time," "Lose Time," and "Run out of Time." But my time is always the same. I don't get any more or less. I only get choices about what to do with it. So basically it comes down to what I chose, not how much time I have or don't have. The real problem in life is how to choose so we are happy and healthy and love each other and ourselves. Tuesday night I'm choosing to do something good for my family and my home-life by doing the yard and some gardening. Now I just have to stick to that choice and not schedule anything else.

Posted by carl1236 at June 25, 2006 9:47 PM | Life

Hey John, maybe you can come by on Tuesday evening if I get some more bike donations by then.

My lack of grass mowing has gotten me in trouble with the city. And I haven't even planted my garden yet. I should have done that at least a month ago.

Posted by: Jim at June 25, 2006 10:48 PM