? I found some Hwa-Tu Cards, let's play! | Main | The wisdom of a St. Paul Taxi Driver ?

Blessed are the peacemakers

God is Love. Sometimes I wonder at how easy it is to get so far away from God, and how quickly it happens. So far away from Loving other human beings. Many of our modern ideas about peacemaking don't get at the root of the problem. The root of the problem is a lack of love for each other. Which means a lack of God. We need the application of God. Blessed are the real peacemakers. The one's who love in the face of modern ideas that look more like hate than love. Maybe not so modern, but re-hashed, over and over the centuries. Ideas that look more like a lack of love than love. The bible says, "Blessed are the peacemakers..." because it's a good thing. It's how we love each other. That's God.

Posted by carl1236 at September 30, 2006 9:26 PM | Knowing God | Love your Neighbor

Did you hear that after the tragic murders of the little Amish girls in Pennsylvania, the local Amish community has begun an effort to help the family of the murderer cope in the wake of their loss? I'm not religious, but that's awfully Christian of them. Talk about turning the other cheek.

Posted by: Jim at October 4, 2006 12:30 AM

Tried and failed to post a comment about the taxi driver, so I'll put it here. It may be some comfort to know that cyclists live longer than sedentary people, on average. It is also worth noting that you have already lived long and successfully enough to have passed on your DNA. If Darwin is going to get you, it's too late. Your line of descendency has already been furthered.

Posted by: Jim at October 4, 2006 12:37 AM