? Eragon, the book | Main | My Limits ?

Perspiration

I still have not found the perfect solution to riding in below-freezing weather. I was plenty warm riding in this morning, too warm. I was sweating after the first two miles. Of course going up the Ramsey Hill generates a lot of heat! That's just about two miles into my 13-mile commute. So for the rest of the ride, I'm wet, hot and at the same time have to protect my skin. I have a lighter windbreaker suit that I wear, which is the best thing I've found so far. It breathes a little because it's vented and also blocks the chilling wind. It's also finely woven so if it does rain, I stay dry.
Also, at about mile 10 my toes started getting cold. I'll have to get some kind of booty or something. Dave said he saw people make their own from big wool socks, pulled over a boot, then wrapped in duct tape. But since I started to learn how to use the sewing machine this past weekend, I think I can make something even better, more durable, with reflector strips on it. This weekend I'll do that since I have a three-day weekend.

Posted by carl1236 at December 18, 2006 8:09 PM | Winter-Biking