? Perspiration | Main | Panic Attack ?

My Limits

Now I am in my tenth week at my new job. I discovered where some of my limits are. Since I started this job I've put practically everything else on hold, mainly going into survival mode to overcome the learning curve. I'm not through the learning curve yet, but I've reached a limit in myself. Now I have a couple of four-day work weeks coming up and family activities planned for many of the evenings during the week, so my work schedule has to be cut back. In some ways I have resented having other things interfere with my efforts to overcome the obstacles at work because I felt like I have not arrived at fitting in yet. I am not integrated into my new 'team' yet and I feel out of place still. So I naturally want to make that happen sooner than later.
I do know that I need more sleep, and the break is well timed. Now is the time to plan my next energy burst. And I will see if I go in nine week cycles. I do think that it's natural and being aware of my limits will help me motivate myself to push those boundaries in the future.

Posted by carl1236 at December 19, 2006 8:18 PM | motivation