? Health fitness and motivation | Main | Vision ?

Creativity

This morning I did some mind-mapping, brainstorming for ideas on how to solve my problems at work. I think I've identified some key ideas that I need to take action on. So now I have something to work on plus a more organized overview of the problem. I started mind-mapping a while ago and really like this graphical way of thinking about relationships between things, events and people.
Sometimes you need to think a thought before you can think it's possible. In other words, one thought leads to another, so without the first thought, another one may never appear. Like a chain reaction. In the book, Getting things done, the author says, "It's about quantity of thoughts not quality at this stage." Brainstorming is fun too!
I haven't applied mind-mapping to writing a short story or novel yet, but I will.

Posted by carl1236 at January 24, 2007 9:34 PM | Writing

An interesting point about thinking a thought before you can begin something. The end of November, I ordered a kit from Zome, a company in Denver whicvh manufactures a plastic child's building toy that is nonetheless quite fascinating to adults. I have been playing with it lately, and have enjoyed it greatly. Good luck at wotk.

I have also started my *LAST!!!!!!* chemo cycle, and am currently just in the middle of it. I will finish this cycle tomorrow at 1400 hours and am looks forward to that point in time greatly, as I am sure you can imagine.

Sorry for not posting, and for not commenting for a while. I lost you, and only just found you this afternoon. I hope things go well for you in your life. Take care my friend, and I hope to see you in a couple of months.

Posted by: Steve at January 25, 2007 12:53 PM