? Flash Fiction Number 12 - Rupert's Inspiration | Main | And who said there is poverty in China? ?

The snow is really deep

The snow is really deep. There is something about all of this that feels really good. I think it’s like a thick blanket, wrapping us in quiet and peace and whiteness. White is a color of clean. I like clean and quiet. That feels good. Really deep snow also is so beautiful. Like a picture you see in a magazine, except it’s right here, in the city, which looks nothing like the picture otherwise.
I am going to shovel it in the morning, down to the gritty, concrete and ashphalt. I might even chip the beautiful ice away from it and throw down some sand and salt so the mail carrier doesn't crack his head open! Something about all of this that feels kind of weird. I can't even really ride my bike in this beautiful scene. It's a picture but not very convenient. Maybe I'll move somewhere that I can appreciate the snow from afar, like by looking at those pictures you see in magazines, with the snow all fluffy and piled high. There is something about that idea that feels really good. I think it's the thought of shovelling in the morning. The snow is really deep.

Posted by carl1236 at March 1, 2007 8:36 PM | Winter-Biking