? Modifacations to my programming | Main | Progress ?

A Chinese Meditation for YOU

So today I couldn't pass up a book on Chinese proverbs and meditations complete with Tao Stones. There are 8 stones of two colors, each with the chinese characters for Tao, Yin, Yang, Fire, Water, Wood, Metal and Earth. This makes sixty four combinations of characters, from which we can obtain a personal reading and meditation.
Today you are lucky. I am going to draw two stones from the red and gold dragon bag and give you a reading. As with all little gems of wisdom, it does us no good unless we somehow find a way to apply it to our lives.
WOW! you get Metal and Tao! Very auspicious!

First the Proverb: Sacrificing your conscience to ambition is like burning a painting to get the ashes.

Now the poem:
No act of power goes without its reward.
A good deed brings back good in return.
Be gracious, my child, in your power
And bless the common people,
So that your reign may continue forever.

Meditation:
Is there much to add? Act justly, live humbly and walk quietly with your God.

My thoughts on this:
In the end, nobody can live your life for you, and nobody but you can look into the mirror and know if you've been true to who you are and what you believe in. It's better to live your life honestly with yourself than sacrifice your principles along the way. Yeah, easier said than done sometimes, but life is what it is and we know what we know. We all die, some sooner than others, and it sure is nice to be able to see an image in the mirror we are not ashamed to look at. And oh the beauty we miss in life when we lose sight of who we really are.

Have a great day!

Posted by carl1236 at April 6, 2007 11:38 PM | Love Yourself

I've been doing something along these lines for a few weeks now. Taking a little time to think and write about something from out of left field often helps you see what's right in front of you.

And I'll be danged if I didn't just sound like a fortune cookie right there...:-)

Posted by: MitchellT at April 9, 2007 10:10 AM

It's simple advice, but it's so true. It's a shame so many people worry about what every else is doing instead of focusing on their own lives.

Posted by: Raylen at April 14, 2007 5:45 PM

On a different subject, I read your advertisment about Master Cleanse, and one of the things you mentioned was using water to help fight the negative feelings associated with detoxifying the body. When I quit smoking I drank a lot of cold, fresh water and it made me feel so much better. I read once that most Americans in particular go through life dehydrated. it's not very healthy, and could be the cause of many of our ailments. It's a good thing to detox every so often and pay attention to the foods and liquids we take in.

Posted by: John at April 15, 2007 9:19 PM

Yes I like meditation it's keep fit to me and my mind

Deb

Posted by: DD web design at April 26, 2007 9:06 AM

Benefits Of Tai Chi meditation; You know deep meditations are a world apart from Tai Chi meditation and do remember, both are meditation after all :o)

Posted by: Benefits Of Tai Chi at July 7, 2007 10:53 AM

Yeah! Meditation really helps me out from my mental stress and its keep me fir and fresh....

Posted by: ac at August 28, 2007 1:20 AM

"Meditation:
Is there much to add? Act justly, live humbly and walk quietly with your God."
Strong words that the world would be wise to adopt, but sadly few do.

Posted by: Eric at January 24, 2008 3:56 PM

Given the importance of meditation I make sure to do at least 1 session, every single day of the year. Too bad everyone doesn't do it:)

Posted by: Traducteur Private Equity at February 27, 2008 7:11 AM