? Ten Days with Jeff Ray | Main | Ten Days with Jeff Ray ?

Ten Days with Jeff Ray

Tuesday was a blue day. I did not have music in my heart when I was getting ready for work. And then the mood at work somber and insecure. We are expecting some layoffs and I really don't feel like looking for another job especially since I happen to like this one. But just as a mood can start out low and wailing, the beat can pick up and gain strength underneath and give hope. Whenever something dies, there are always new beginnings. I have a lot of new beginnings in my life I realized. I looked around to see all of the hope in other people at the new things happening. Last night I went to an organizational meeting of a cool, new, collective yoga/dance/meditation studio. We were asked to go around the table and introduce ourselves and list one good thing that happened in our lives recently. At first all I could think about was my work-day blues, but then thought about the Jeff Ray music I listened to and that was the thought I shared. Like those few high notes in the middle of the song, I was there. When we stop feeling sorry for ourselves, we can see the new beginnings, the good things that happen to us every day. Even something as simple as the enjoyment we get from listening to music or meeting friends at a coffee shop to build a dream. A song can easily turn from a low, plaintive wail to a lively plucking of high notes. Name one thing that's good in your life right now. The Jeff Ray song for the day is hereby named "New Beginnings"

Posted by carl1236 at August 6, 2007 11:46 PM | Music