? November Approaches Quickly - NaNoWriMo | Main | NaNoWriMo idea bouncing ?

Plot-in, Write-in and Overnight Progressive Write-ins

So over on the NaNoWriMo MN regional discussion board the excitement is beginning to build and group events are being planned! I attended what's called a plot-in last week at Nina's Cafe. That was pretty fun. Everyone sat around a table discussing their plot ideas and getting more ideas from each other. The purpose of these regional events is to provide a local, face to face support group for the writers involved in NaNoWriMo.
There are many people that don't participate in these groups, some because once November rolls around there is not a lot of free time to be sitting around socializing with other people who should also be writing. lol. But I look at it as part of the experience package. I'm doing the same monumental task as the others in the group. It's very interesting to talk about the struggles and triumphs of other writers. It puts a personal face to the event. This weekend I'm meeting with two other writers to brainstorm plot ideas. And next month during the writing frenzie the group is also planning a all-night traveling, progressive write-in, where a bunch of people travel from one local group to another to write with others, leading to breakfast in the morning.
When it comes to creative activities, groups can be a great source of inspiration. And hopefully it helps everyone achieve the goal of writing a lot of words in a condensed time-frame.

Posted by carl1236 at October 12, 2007 6:31 AM | Writing