? Plot-in, Write-in and Overnight Progressive Write-ins | Main | Music Wish List ?

NaNoWriMo idea bouncing

Today I met with a wonderful, crazy NaNoWriMo participant to bounce ideas off of each other for our plots. Now we plan on meeting weekly until the month of November is through and we've made it. In one way that is motivation to not fail at reaching the goal. Being committed to others can be a good motivator. Helping others can be a good motivator. It's a win-win situation.
Today the ideas bounced around and some thoughts came out that I did not think of before. So I captured these ideas after we were done. At least those that I could remember. Some ideas i wrote down right away.
Then I visited the book shop downstairs and found three more books to buy. hehe, I love reading and getting inspired by what I read.
Todays great find: The Colony, The Harrowing True Story of the Exiles of Molokai, by John Tayman. I can't wait to read this gripping history of a forced Leper colony.
So, my ideas spin around in my head and my plot is not yet ready for writing on November 1st. But I'm closer to finding the story I will write. Thanks to my new NaNoWriMo buddy and the bouncing of ideas.
We cannot live or work in isolation.

Posted by carl1236 at October 14, 2007 7:21 PM | Writing