October 2007 | Main | December 2007

It's over, I won!

I am announcing to the world that it's over! I finished my short novel in three weeks! With 50962 words written and the story complete, I feel...
hmmm. not sure how I feel. I feel like I should be panicking still and trying to work out my plot some more or something, because that's how I felt all month. It's only natural. Now I feel like I should be writing, but there is nothing left to do. Well, except maybe read my new novel from beginning to end to see it in it's entirety! As a novel should be read. I was so busy writing for the past few weeks that I was starting to forget what I wrote at the beginning of the month!
Now I get to let the little tazmanian devil editor loose on it! Vicious little teeth he has too! But not until tomorrow night. Now I have to find a printer so I can print this novel out and read it like the book that it is! ;-)

Official NaNoWriMo 2007 Winner

Posted by carl1236 at 5:19 PM

NaNoWriMo Day 12 Rants and Raves

I don't have any rants to share, but I am elated that I have made it this far! And I am right on target to finish on November 28th! How cool is that? Tonight I sat down and cranked out a whole 400 words before getting hopelessly stuck. Time for a break. An hour later and a plot of my scene and I sat back down to write. It went so well that before I knew it I had over two thousand words written! Before I started tonight I was wondering if I could even finish this thing. But now I'm on top of the world!
And I'm looking forward to this weekend when I feel like I could actually get ahead of the game! This night is sure ending on a high note! I'm gonna win! I'm gonna win! haha.
20,981 words so far! I am over fourty percent there! woo hoo!

Posted by carl1236 at 10:49 PM

First four days of NaNoWriMo

Today I hit a wall. After four days of writing almost two thousand words per day I have had enough. And I am seriously wondering how I am going to make it to fifty thousand words. Todays writing took me almost an entire day, off and on, off and on. About five hours of actual writing. My plot has totally changed in the last four days too so I'm having to reconstruct my plot so I have some semblance of a story to follow as I write going forward.
Here is a link to my NaNoWriMo page to track my progress and read exerpts from my novel...

I was going to write more today but I just could not take it. I'm almost on target, and I took some time to shop at the bookstore and have a little outing. Plus, I had to do laundry ;-)
All in all, I'm 14% done with my novel. So far so good. More later.

Posted by carl1236 at 10:23 PM

First Day Success!

NaNoWriMo success! Yes! I reached my goal of two thousand words per day! I did start writing after midnight to start November off right. I wrote 225 words or so then went to bed. This morning when I got up I made it to 1066. Tonight I went to Nina's and spent another couple of hours writing to reach my two thousand word goal.
Now I'm thinking that this is definately going to challenge me! To spend this amount of time and effort day-in and day-out for a month? Insane. But bun. Sane. But fun.

Posted by carl1236 at 10:30 PM