August 2008 | Main | November 2008

Renfest 2008 Photo

Here is a photo of me at the renfest. My beautiful wife made these costumes for us a couple of years ago. Although we've been going for years, we've just started going in costume. It's fun and festive. Kind of theatrical. Like being in a Renessaince play. A lot of work goes into making these costumes. I spent several hours friday night reworking a pair of boots to better fit my costume. But the event was fun! We spent all day walking around, socializing, shopping, eating and drinking. A fitting end to the dark ages, don't you think?
0808.JPG

Posted by carl1236 at 10:37 AM

Living in Sim City

What if we are really living in Sim City? With rules programmed in that make us respond in certain ways to different situations. For instance, when we are hungry we stomp our feet and get frustrated. Then our moral goes down and we lose points. We also lose energy and lose our jobs. Then we lose the game.
And when we play by the rules we prosper within an artifical environment that means nothing in the real world. In Sim City we control the destiny of our artificial selves. It's great. WE are what we create in Sim City. Now if only our Sims could be happy in their simulated lives.

Posted by carl1236 at 11:37 PM