July 2010 | Main | December 2010

Learning from dead people

This morning there is an interesting occurrence in my life. I was at the thrift store the other day browsing through the bargain bin for interesting books. I found a self-published book of poems by a woman named Sophie. I was curious, and with a little research on the internet this morning, I found her. Obituary.
I was researching Norwegian Rosemaling on the internet. It's a style of painting on objects with swirls and flower patterns. I found a great blog and some video tutorials by a woman named Linnea. She passed away in 2009.
I am inspired by both of these women. In the book I read about one woman's dreams and inspirations, immortalized in verse. On the blog I learn to paint from the hands and voice of a creative, informative, self-taught artist. Both women created something special to leave for the rest of us to learn from.
Since I can't really express my gratitude in-person to both of these women for their inspiration and creative works, this blog entry will say it long after I am gone from this earth. Thank you Sophie and Linnea! I love your work.

Posted by carl1236 at 8:41 AM