Friday Random Top 10

ray.jpg

In the tradition of American Idle and Rox Pop, every Friday I will turn the I-Pod to shuffle and see what it spits out. This Friday's Top Ten:

1. Levitate Me - Pixies
2. Cold Beverage - G. Love and Special Sauce
3. Big River - Johnny Cash
4. Rock & Roll - Led Zeppelin
5. 23 Beats Off - Fugazi
6. Unchain My Heart - Ray Charles
7. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2
8. Who'll Stop the Rain - Creedance Clearwater Revival
9. Sailin' to Hawaii - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
10. Lady Godiva's Operation - The Velvet Underground

Wow! My favorite top 10 yet. Nice mix of songs and styles, I love everyone of these songs. Favorite song this week? Workingman Blues #2 from Dylan's new album Modern Times. Just a beautiful song, great lyrics. Easily Bob's best song since Tangled Up in Blue. (Sick of Love a close 2nd). Btw, T(T.F.)S, let me know how the Dylan concert was in Rochester, I almost called you up to see if I could hitch a ride, but family obligations got in the way.

What's your top 10?

Surf's Up -- Brian Wilson
If you love someone set them free (live) -- Sting
Nightswimming -- REM
Red Red Sun -- INXS
Everybody's Got Something to Hide Except me and my monkey -- Beatles
Positively Fourth Street -- Bob Dylan
Pick A Bale O' Cotton -- Johnny Cash
Twin Cinema -- New Pornographers
The Wizard Turns On -- The Flaming Lips
Stevie Nix -- The Hold Steady

Not a bad mix! Have a good one Dean!

Way cool, Dean. I wish you could have come along to Dylan (I went to the same ballpark venue Mayo Field a few summers back when Bob had Willie Nelson on the bill). The show was exceptional! I haven't blogged it yet (soon) as my 1st priority is going to press w/ FREAK 83. I'm gonna paste the setlist after this post. There's a killer Bobby D site at expectingrain.com. Ck it if you haven't. A full moon loomed above the stage & it was a perfect summer night in MN. My fave tunes were Ballad of a Thin Man, Simple Twist of Fate, Watching the River Flow, Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat & You ain't going nowhere. No songs off his new album. [sidenote: Modern Times is amazing]. I'm a Jr. Brown fan too. He had hits in the 50's! As a treat, I was invited backstage & hung out partying in the main crew tour bus. That was fun & we were the last fans to leave the park. More complete coverage forthcoming in the zine & blog. I love the random top 10... I'm gonna try it this Friday. I have a very eccentric mix on mine from really old new orleans jazz to electronica to swamp rock to grateful dead to 80's cheese, etc. take care, TTF here's the Roch Dylan:
The Bob Dylan Show
Rochester, Minnesota
Mayo Field

1. Cat's In The Well
2. You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
4. Lay, Lady, Lay
5. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
6. Ballad Of A Thin Man
7. Highway 61 Revisited
8. Forever Young
9. Watching The River Flow
10. Simple Twist Of Fate
11. Things Have Changed
12. Summer Days
(encore)
13. Like A Rolling Stone
14. All Along The Watchtower

Thanks, Freak. Now I'm really bummin' that I missed the show. Give me more warning next time :o)

Look forward to seeing your random top 10.

Goede informatie, hier kan ik zeker wat mee bedankt!

Although I would've preferred if you went into a little bit more detail, I still got the gist of what you meant. I agree with it. It might not be a popular idea, but it makes sense. Will definitely come back for more of this. Great work

Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your web site in internet explorer, would test this… IE still is the market leader and a big portion of people will miss your fantastic writing because of this problem.

Hey there! I know this is kind of off-topic however I needed to ask. Does managing a well-established website like yours take a large amount of work? I am completely new to operating a blog however I do write in my diary every day. I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and views online. Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

Positive aspects of an On the internet Company Administration Degree Online

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on September 8, 2006 7:58 AM.

Worst. Summer. Movie. Season. Ever! was the previous entry in this blog.

Bob Dylan's Dinkytown is the next entry in this blog.