Friday Random Top 10

Here it is In the tradition of American Idle and Rox Pop, every Friday I will turn the I-Pod to shuffle and see what it spits out. This Friday's Top Ten:

1. Pop Phenomenon - The Push Kings
2. Paranoid Android - Radiohead
3. Elderly women behind the counter in a small town - Pearl Jam
4. Pencil Test - Yo La Tengo
5. Puddin' Fingers - The Handsome Family
6. Coo Coo Bird - Clarence Ashley
7. In Bloom - Nirvana
8. Yesterday - The Beatles
9. Outdoor Miner - Wire
10. Jane - Golden Smog

Nice mix. Favorite song this week is a little sentimental. It's Wouldn't it be Nice by the Beach Boys. Great sweet song, that I think should actually be classified as bittersweet as I think Brian Wilson is singing about something that he doesn't think will happen. Even with that knowledge it's hard to listen to this song and not smile.

Hey Dean, I forgot to do this on Fri, so Sat will have to do. I enjoyed your Top 10 selections & here's my Top 11... take care, TTF
FreaK Top 11 {Sat 9/23/06}

#/SONG/TIME/ARTIST/ALBUM

1] Solitude 5:05 Dr. John Duke Elegant
2] Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 6:03 Michael Jackson Thriller
3] Unlonely 4:35 John Prine The Missing Years
4] In The Mix 3:28 Zapp & Roger All The Greatest Hits
5] Wiser Time 7:46 The Black Crowes Live @ Jazz Fest 2005 [Disc 2]
6] Monday 3:33 Wilco Being There (Disc 1)
7] Weary Arms 2:29 Crooked Fingers Dignity & Shame
8] The Stroke 4:15 Dr. John Anutha Zone
9] Not Home Anymore 5:54 Whiskeytown Strangers Almanac
10] Carnival Time 2:41 Bo Dollis & The Wild Magnolias I´m Back...At Carnival Time
11] Groove Me Baby 2:58 King Floyd Choice Cuts

My reaction: Oh my gandhi, all moods are here pretty much. Prewack Jacko to Dark side leaning Dr John to 1 of the loneliest songs ever made (NHA) to post80’s sloth. Random slices are tasty these days. I love the function shuffle. Let the computer do some damn work for me. Thanks.

Hey, where's the Brett Favre TD watch? He's only 19 away from breaking Marino's record. Equal time damn you!

Right Cheesehead, maybe I should list the number of Super Bowl trophies the Packers have too.

I'm sure there are many Favre-idolizing sites out there where you can light a candle. LFAD is not one of them.

Thank you for this blog. Thats all I can say. You most definitely have created this blog into some thing thats eye opening and critical. You clearly know so considerably about the subject, youve covered so many bases. Great stuff from this component of the world wide web. Once again, thank you for this weblog.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on September 22, 2006 12:47 PM.

Friday Random Top Ten was the previous entry in this blog.

Sweeeeet! is the next entry in this blog.