1. New Soft Shoe - Gram Parsons
2. Peace on Earth - U2
3. Black - Pearl Jam
4. John Wayne Gacy Jr. - Sufjan Stevens
5. Misunderstood - Wilco
6. Heat Wave - The Half Dozen
7. Big Star - Jayhawks
8. Rosie - Joan Armatrading
9. Only the Lonely - Roy Orbison
10. With a Little Help From my Friends - The Beatles
Favorite song this week - Strange Fruit by Billie Holiday. This is a very powerful song about lynchings. It was performed by Billie Holiday in the 30's and 40's when lynchings of black men went practically unabated in the South. The quiet rage she brings to this song, the bewilderment, the sadness...cuts like a knive.
What's on your top 10?