Mark Trail Update!

Mark_Trail.gif

I'm sorry. I promised to talk about Mark Trail on this blog and I haven't. Hopefully this post rectifies my ignoring Mark Trail and his adventures with Cherry, Doc, Rusty, and Andy.

When someone writes the ultimate history of Mark Trail 2006 will be known as the "Year of Bear." Since early summer Mark and Ranger Rick have been chasing a bear with an arrow in its ass. After that a tame bear was running around the forest chased by a wacked out poacher. Then once Mark rescues the tame bear he leaves it in his car and it gets kid(bear?)napped! Oh and the bad guys are the infamous Jake and Snake, a couple of bad hombres who Mark has messed with before.

jake and snake.gif

I find it curious that Mark Trail's Year of the Bear coincides with the rise of the football Chicago Bears. Actually I don't. Hindsight is 20-20 but it's quite obvious that the angry bear with an arrow in its ass was a metaphor for the Chicago Bears, angry over their gutless performance in last year's playoffs. The tame bear running amok, being chased by poachers obviously represents the Chicago Bears rampaging through the NFL, being chased by pretenders such as the Vikings, Packers, and Cardinals.

Finally the the "Bear" being kidnapped by the local ruffians Jake and Snake is an obvious reference to Elrod predicting the Chicago Bears in the Super Bowl probably against the best team in the AFC, the Denver Broncos, quaterbacked by Jake "The Snake" Plummer,

Mark Trail may not be able to help you with your fantasy football team, but looks like a pretty good source for your Super Bowl match-up.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on October 25, 2006 9:40 PM.

Happy Birthday Weekly Freak! was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.