5000 Songs!

Cash.jpg

Over the weekend I uploaded my 5,000th song on my I-pod (Guided by Voices’ 14 Cheerleader Coldfront). Having 5,000 songs can be both a curse and a blessing. Sometimes its hard finding something I want or it’s difficult choosing between so many options. However, with 5,000 songs I can find music that fits any mood. Need some cheesy Tom Jones? Check. Want to rock out? I have my choice of Pearl Jam, Rage against the Machine, Nirvana, Van Halen, etc. Want to go KQ on it? Here’s the Beatles, Stones, Who, Bowie, Neil Young. Feeling pious? Have some Johnny Cash or Elvis singing Gospel. Seventies Punk? Here’s Wire, The Clash or Sex Pistols. Into beatnik poetry? I have Allen Ginsburg reciting Howl and Jack Kerouac reading from On the Road with Steve Allen on jazz piano. Low-Fi mood? Here’s some Pavement and Guided by Voices.

With that here is the top 10 artists on my I-pod based on the number of songs:

Johnny Cash – 197
Guided by Voices – 166
Bob Dylan – 100
R.E.M. – 99
Neil Young – 95
Elvis Presley – 88
Elvis Costello – 87
The Beatles – 75
Handsome Family – 68
Fred Eaglesmith – 66

If you want to know what my musical tastes are? There’s no better way then looking at the genre of the songs on my I-pod. I’m pretty vigilant in listing the genre’s for each song and while I’m sure someone could argue the choices (for instance what’s the difference between alternative and alternative-punk?) I can stand by them. Here is a listing of all the genre’s for the 5,012 songs on my I-pod.

Alt-Country – 269
Alternative – 401
Alternative & Punk – 935
Alt-Folk – 63
Blues/R&B – 62
Comedy – 6
Country – 484
Folk – 517
Folk-Rock – 33
Funk – 8
Gospel/Religious – 39
Hard Rock – 56
Hip Hop/Rap – 14
Indie Rock – 18
Industrial – 18
Jazz – 154
Metal – 10
New Wave – 162
Oddity – 3
Pop – 281
Punk – 145
R&B – 51
Rap – 2
Reggae – 14
Rock – 1,114
Rock/Rap – 3
Rockabilly – 54
Ska – 45
Spoken Word – 40
Techno – 11

What’s on your I-pod/MP3 Player?

Why have a great number of talented persons die so early? For Elvis, it truly is specifically sad simply because he was just a century talent. Maintain the memory from the king awake. Weblogs such as this assist, to not overlook the King.

This nice idea that all of the sudden develop into a new healthy involving tears is definitely yerning for ones sweeter attention. Many cultures on the planet nod to the present habit all children are generally familiar with.

I like what you guys are up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it'll improve the value of my website :)

Hands down, Apple's app store wins by a mile. It's a huge selection of all sorts of apps vs a rather sad selection of a handful for Zune. Microsoft has plans, especially in the realm of games, but I'm not sure I'd want to bet on the future if this aspect is important to you. The iPod is a much better choice in that case.

Amaze! Thank you! I constantly wished to produce in my internet site a thing like that. Can I take element of the publish to my blog?

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on December 6, 2006 9:47 AM.

Friday Random Top Ten was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.