Holidays 2006

Here are a couple of highlights from the past Holiday season.

Gear Daddies at the Fine Line. The Gear Daddies were in fine (line) form Saturday night as they played their annual holiday show. It’s a great gig as the band plays all their old favorites and the crowd drinks a lot and relives old times. The crowd is easily 60-40 women to men with lots of unattached 30 and 40 somethings on the prowl at a last chance of snagging "just the right guy." Thankfully I went with my wife!

Guitar Hero II. This has got to be the gift of the year. Use your PS2 as a way to play guitar to a bunch of classic rock songs! It’s as addictive as it sounds. The selection of songs is great… everything from Kiss and Cheap Trick to The Allman Brothers Band to Rage Against the Machine and the Butthole Surfers. Some awesome encore songs too, including Black Sabbath’s War Pigs. A cool, cool video game.

Glen Mason Fired. Like coach Monson, a decision that was probably made a year too late, but a good decision nonetheless. The Gophers have actually had decent talent the last couple of years, at least on the offensive side of the ball and have woefully underachieved. The collapse against Texas Tech was just plain embarrassing.

Apocaplyto. A beautifully shot, intense movie that was quite violent but wasn’t gratuitously so. Sends a pretty modern message about the arrogance of a tribe that believes it has the God-given right to exploit its natural resources and rule over those less fortunate and less powerful than itself.

Reds. The story about John Reed and the leftist/socialist movement in WWI-era United States. When we were in New York this past summer we stayed on the same little block where, some 85 years earlier, Reed wrote 10 Days That Changed the World.

How was your holidays?

I like what you guys are up too. Such intelligent work and reporting! Carry on the excellent works guys Iˇ¦ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my web site :)

Great – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related information ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task.

Hope all is going well for you. Thanks for the info.

Appreciate the advice! I want to test it out for.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on January 2, 2007 9:00 AM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

TCF Bank Stadium is the next entry in this blog.