What Can Britney Spears Learn from Bob Dylan?

britney1.jpg

So where were you when you heard Britney Spears shaved her head? That thought crossed my mind as I was thinking about the Weisman Art Museum’s cool new exhibit: Bob Dylan’s American Journey 1956-1966. The exhibition was originally organized by the Experience Music Project (EMP) in Seattle with Bob Dylan’s cooperation, but has an additional Minnesota bent as the Weisman beefed up Dylan’s Hibbing background, including the theatre marquee owned by the Zimmerman family. The exhibit follows Dylan from Hibbing to the University of Minnesota and on to the Greenwich Village folk scene where Dylan threw himself into one of popular music’s most fascinating intersections of art, politics, and lifestyle. There he eventually found himself massively famous as one of the first true rock stars and the man who “electrified? contemporary songwriting. The exhibit ends with the making of three of the rock canon’s greatest works: Bringing It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited, and Blonde on Blonde.

If you’re a Dylan fan, there’s not a lot new here. There’s the obligatory yearbook picture, beat-up guitars and autographed album covers. Screens show Dylan in concert and in interview, most of which can be seen on Dont Look Back or No Direction Home. For the uninitiated, there are kiosks describing each of Dylan’s albums through Blonde on Blonde with a short review and an analysis on the album’s importance. Listening booths allow one to hear from the album and other songs recorded at the same time. There are also a couple of rare early recordings available for listening. I particularly was interested in some of the original typed-up or handwritten song lyrics, with edits. Also there was a Greystone Hospital t-shirt of Woody Guthrie’s. I thought that was kinda cool. There is also a hilarious review of Dont Look Back by the Cleveland Plain Dealer that was obviously written by someone way too old to “get? Dylan.

The exhibit ends, as does Scorsese’s documentary No Direction Home, with Dylan’s motorcycle accident of 1966 and his subsequent withdrawal from the public spotlight. Dylan disappears literally at the apex of his art and fame. Of course we all know Bob Dylan did return to the public spotlight, perhaps not the cultural touchstone of the mid-60’s but someone who still makes pretty important contributions musically some 40 years later.

This brings me back to Britney Spears’ shaved head. Clearly I won’t argue that artistically or culturally Dylan and Britney Spears belong in the same discussion. Britney Spears parlayed an above-average rack and a come-hither personae into a vehicle to become world famous and to sell crappy dance music to pre-teen girls. Dylan is Dylan. However, it is clear from both that fame can be soul crushing. In No Direction Home, you can see it in Dylan’s eyes. The inane questions, the burden of being the “conscience of a generation,? the ever increasing expectations of an adoring public, the need to feed the media blast furnace. Dylan’s motorcycle accident was a means by which he could get away from all that. Start anew. The fact that we are still talking about Dylan, going to museum exhibits, buying his music and attending his concerts 40 years later is proof he made the right choice.

So where were you when you heard Britney Spears shaved her head? I wonder if Bob Dylan, when he heard, thought back to that motorcycle accident and how he dealt with overwhelming fame. Do you think Britney Spears will do the same?

Hello. Thanks

Thanks for this information. Britney always has something news to be explored.

Interesting article. I wonder if Britney even knows the affect she has on teen girls. Hopefully she learns.

Britney is wonderful and does not deserve any of the abuse she gets. There will always be pretenders but Britney will be around for a long time

I really Britney's music a lot and i like the new song rader and i love so much that i can not stop playing it all the time.

That girl is so funny. you never know what she may do next.

good post freelonco - more to the point here - will we still all be talking about britney spears' contribution to music and political/social commentary 40 years from now.....
I think not!

Sometimes it seems as if the life of Britney Spears as the script of a reality show gone awry. The judge's drug-testing regulations and the never-ending Party news followed comments over the weekend that rocked her former bodyguard Tony Barretto!!!

This girl does nothing but irritate me. She is a bad role model for teenagers growing up today. she is in the news nearly every month for doing all the wrong things, I even hear yesterday that alot off people are angry with her because she is not singing when she is performing she is simply just miming. its pathetic and she is a bad example for young girls growing up to be singers.

Not mentioning her dark past, i believe she's strong enough to recover, if she needs that of course.

That is a pretty far stretch between Dylan and Britney
But as they say fame is a harsh mistress.
Perhaps the two are more similar than we realize.

-

a month, enough to trouble you, tomorrow you sleep in the room can disturb less points.

I do not know how to do it in the end, just nodded her woodenly, walked into the room and shut the door. -

half an hour later she came out, it touches dressed Vermilion Fubai. Unfortunately, when she went out temporary stared at me severely, destroyed her image. Because this half-hour late for the first time I go to work. -

. -

night I saw the ceiling. -

finished washing her, sat down at my side. I hasten to brew a good water-side in the past. -

... ... -

second, a party may not use any excuse to touch each other's body; -

... ... -

phone rang, her message:

I immediately ran back home. -

room without lights. She points out the candle on the table, a very rich dish, a bottle of red wine. -

wrapped the body, a finger of my nose began to rebuke. -

Why do we want a divorce? Why do we want a divorce? -

no unsightly people, and I began to watch the match. Just so tired of how my heart? Do I really jealous yet? Haha, I began to laugh myself, so how Hu think? But I take the initiative to divorce, ah! -

-

-

she was very happy to go out, pick up an eat up.

the face of food on the table, my heart sour. -

I rushed upstairs, broke into a neighbor, took it rose bouquet came out. I returned to my home, but I could not find how the egg emerald ring! -

I sat a long while, suddenly give yourself a big mouth. -

-

first: to use the toilet at a party when the other party shall not use any excuse to enter; -

I remember that well-known emerald ring! -

Why? Why did God make things difficult for me to be so? Ring, where are you in? -

With this treaty, this day may really binding. I just started a few days, I feel bound to do anything to be with. And I continued to find a place to eat out swinging. Well, that cook for me, I would have Thanksgiving? United go you! I do not eat your rice a month to see if I will not starve to death! Well, words to say, but when swinging time, smell the fragrant food of someone's home, and my heart is still very envious. -

-

angry I wanted to punch her, but did not need to think about. Anyway, at most one month, Ren Ren also passed. I looked at her cold, picked up the pen to play under my name. -

hand, I went to the bedroom, the clothes I wear to work today, still hanging in the cupboard it. This dead woman, even to the bedroom door locked. I knocked the door a long time, which finally retorted, I wear clothes! -

30 days to soon to. That day, she told me after dinner, she had to find a good house, and so on Sunday you can move. My heart immediately became very empty very empty. -

If you get with -

well, anyway, divorce, and so let her. -

I am embarrassed to touch my head.

days of clean clothes, who you wash it? later, they have to learn to take care of themselves ah!

-

I stand up out of bed, ran to the window facing the following shouted:

I rushed down the stairs, I want to be a man! -

-

I can not answer her question, because I do not know the answer. Although she pinched neck hurts too, but on pinch pinch it, pinch die anyway, but I do not live together after, and did not want to be her chance to pinch. -

green jade ring on the front of me, it's a good strong light, my eyes began to sting.

she stood up, looked around, smiled and said,

I still do not understand what to ask? I do not know, I know I most want her to stay, she was leaving. She always said I do not like a man, I always think this is an insult to her for me. I now finally understand that I really was not a man, I like a child as profligate with her gave me the happiness and stability. -

a pair of 80 husband and wife divorce after thirty days after the end of life that even cry -

her sleeve drugs? I think of a word: nasty-nice. -

-

necessary embarrassment and misunderstanding, we pledge to be better.

I picked up the paper looked at. -

. She is no longer for me roar, and hard hold my neck and began to cry endlessly. -

-

house look a mess, but feel the air is stationary. We did not speak. She will leave behind? I was suddenly want to know. However, I did not ask. -

... ... -

do something to eat. refrigerator I bought some food, you have to slowly learn to cook, do not always out to eat. nutrition meal should pay attention, do not always make do. Let's book on my bedside table, and above there are over thirty thousand dollars. our house monthly telephone charges, gas, utilities are in the corner of the bank to pay, is this card, you receive good, do not find that time this month to exchange the money your parents I have also sink out, as you remember to give them time to send money, nothing more than call home, thinking about your parents all came to, I give them a telephone call today, and my father a little worse last leg of rheumatoid , last time we bought him the medicine I am afraid that soon after eating, this is the drug name and address, you return to buy some tomorrow, remember I did not tell them that we have divorced, you have the opportunity to think it over again and they said no matter What do you say your father, remember not to let him get angry. This is my parents bought sweater, with return to you tomorrow.

as she confessed the same way, I hope I can remember each piece, but then I hope I do not remember anything. I suddenly feel like an idiot. I lived in this house for three years, but now I feel very strange. I began to fear, I do not know whether a person has the ability to survive. -

she was wearing a wedding when I bought the black lace skirt. -

awoke, the sun has come out. I hold her, she hugged my neck. -

Bedroom house, two men and women are no longer husband and wife live together, particularly awkward. -

-

-

-

I get the sofa, her arm around my neck turn. Because I know I do not say dead but that did not find it, will certainly be forced to find her down. I feel so do not expect to sleep can be considered.

out fishing fool, just think of me to see cockroaches. She heard my words, Dailiaoyixia, biting his lips to say Is -

about two hours, she came back. And walked in front of me when I saw her look bad. Directly back to her bedroom to sleep, did not even shower to wash out. -

-

bitch! This bad temper on you, who would dare to look after you! -

-

car while she stood, smiling at me, a long while gently said: -

finished dinner, I rush to pack. -

outside the sky is blue, more like three years ago, kite-flying day ah. Outside the sun is very light, warm over three years ago is the same with us? Many of the couple outside the house, so we have to walk three sweet ... ... -

one week without incident. -

I grabbed her, the rose into her arms, Puchi

​​She chuckled over it, took out a black velvet box. Slowly open, a flash of jade rings Wenrun Guang bright side standing. -

night, we sit together and watched three hours of television, did not speak, do not change the channel, but I do not remember reading anything. -

themselves think about all that funny, love, we especially pure, although more than in the hand to embrace each other, but live with such things, are they dared not tried. Did not think now divorced,Miles Davis Tribute, a trip back in time fashion. -

so exaggerated it? say, that on your body, I have watched for three years, close your eyes and know what it was like, and is worth peeping I do?

Wrapped in towels and ran out of the bathroom, I heard the bedroom door, -

I no longer hear any sound. -

-

-

-

I counted as many as the size of even a twenty-six. -

finally we are tired, another fell asleep. -

-

-

I wiped his eyes, barely a smile out,

I smiled on their own, just to find a direction to go down. -

-

will be jealous to see me out, right? -

-

days it does not go, and divorce for us, is the most sensible choice, anyway, did not drag a child. I say the word divorce three days after this incident we went to the streets to do. She was my college classmate, we love to talk about three years, but after three years together. -

cherish the present one -

-

early in the morning, you will not be hell, ah, what is it called? Scared I have hold back the urine. -

hands something to do -

middle of the night, I was her scream Xia Xing. Just about to look at what happens, you see she was wearing pajamas, rushed out to jump on the sofa shivering around my neck. Although this woman I am aggressive, but the natural fear of small animals, what cockroaches, rats, cats, dogs, etc., she screams every once in a long time, causing me to have a puppy back to Yang Yang Xiangnong not into. -

I bite the bullet and returned home, she was cooking. -

I picked up the dishes. -

-

I heard the knock on the door, I heard the sound of something moving, I heard her call workers But, I can not hear his heart beating. -

morning sunlight in. -

With this evening, I feel our relationship has also undergone a subtle change. Work, I saw on the roadside selling Begonia cake, and think this is her hometown specialty to hand to buy a point. Only buying, I do not know that he is now back home, or spend time as before swinging. -

I just set off the toilet easy to prepare, did not think she was -

that nagging; I want you to feel at ease family, you say my life is not fun, you know? you and I live three years, I tired, I love you, but you know, I love this well maintained hard!

Do not go, okay? -

until the evening, I was hanging out. -

to the bathroom door, heard the sound of the water which has crashed. This bitch does not know when to develop bad habits, take a bath before going to sleep at night, the morning after getting up to take a bath. Well well, anyway, has also been used. I easily sliding door on the inside. -

I heard the door slamming. -

-

I opened the door of the room and saw her lying on the quilt to cry. I sat down beside the bed, pulled the quilt, quietly asked her how? To be honest, I saw her face in tears, my heart is really good feel bad. -

she fell silent. -

dear, -

I brew a cup of tea for himself, and gave her a cup of brew. -

After the solution

But instead she hypocritically shallow smiling. -

a bad mood she came back, I actually feel good. Hey, you deserve to go out, I slept Le Diandian down. -

day I door, she just ready to go out. -

after work, I casually strolled in the streets to kill time, though boring, but better than to see her face. So stay to nine, I ate a bowl of noodles at the corner, go home. -

Her slanting eyes looking at me, went out. Go out, told me, I -

-

she woke up. -

she knocked on the door, I did not move. -

finally, her cry I said what is not happy because tonight. It turned out that her sister A broken bell that introduced her to people who turned out to be an old man in Taiwan, began to sit down and not long hands and feet. A bell has even advised her to, anyway you are divorced people, and will forget the old man with this. -

first night, sleep really comfortable! No nagging in the ear of night, really beautiful! But, if our family is the fabric sofa like a sofa, wood sofa that I wake up in the morning, when the neck blinded. -

I hurriedly rummaging everywhere, she was on the floor. Behind her, followed by a bunch of curious neighbors. -

I enter the house, even her old sitting in the living room. Saw me come in, also with a smile on his face even. I hesitate to sit down in front of her, day! She even gave me brew a cup of tea. -

be content with it? -

-

-

you're a man, you catch her back, too late! -

-

we do not say anything, can I say? No amount of words can not change tomorrow's outcome. Well, do not think, and drink a bite. It is best drunk, so I woke up, she had left. She left, I did not have expected it? I have not always hated the smell of this repetitious women? I should be happy ah! After watch the game no matter how late, no one will reprimand me on my side, told me to go to sleep, it was great! My feet would not go to bed and no one suspected me dirty, and so beautiful ah! I have no reason not happy ah! But, why is this wine is bitter in the mouth? -

I slept on the sofa, but a little sleepy at all. Vaguely, the room came the voice of her crying. Go or not go? I am a little hesitant, I gave themselves a big mouth, a man on the go! -

not always the best -

-

However, -

count the days, I have twenty days out of bread. Her cooking really fragrant. -

-

Rose! Ring! God, I now where to look? -

-

just have a question, after a divorce, she has not found a new home, we also must stay together. -

think about their own happiness. -

you still not a man? A voice shouted in my mind for me. -

Saturday soon came, I sat in the couch watching her come and go to collect her things. -

-

woke up, she suddenly realized what the release of the hand holding my neck, his face a touch of shyness,

I hold her hand and hurried release, quickly get out of bed. -

I can not move, afraid that they are scared of her dream, for many years seems to have no such feeling. The longer two people together, no more early morning wake up feeling. Think of the past days, we almost always wake up in a hurry, while another complained about each other, while rushing to pack up to go to work. Between us, why go this far? In the end because of what? -

first night, I took a bedding shop on the sofa. -

Looked for a long time to find the room, did not find the shadow of cockroaches, had come back. -

-

Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch since I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

This particular blog post a realistic look at the situation. pleased, It can be nice to discover articles which might be informative worthwhile by nature.

i am able to realize this post

That is the Outstanding Web blog Many times Useful that we Strongly encourage People.

Hey, I had been spending some time looking because of the net for a lot of news flash and furthermore stumble’d over your homepagesite. My organization is actually astounded by things that you possess developed in this particular site. That episodes the correct way beneficial you already know this approach idea. Saved to fav these pages, and are previously soon. You and your family amigo, conducted a great job

is this always painful the people organisation funds ?

2012, it created us all delighted with all attainable hosting coupons that

look down with a click of the mouse ball ,coach bag!

August 28,Coach Wallets Outlet, 2008 8:07 PM

Read Story: Barack Obama's DNC Address

Obama Pledges To Restore U.S.

Sen. Barack Obama accepted the Democratic nomination for president,Coach Handbags, outlining how he would restore the American dream. Obama harshly criticized John McCain's policies as being outdated.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on February 19, 2007 1:54 PM.

Friday Random Top 10 was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.