Husker Du with Steve and Sharon

This was referenced in the Strib over the weekend but is so weird I just had to post it. It's Husker Du on the Good Company show. The Good Company show was a 70's and 80's Twin Cities TV staple hosted by Steve and Sharon, two impossibily good looking 40 somethings that had an afternoon talk show to talk about such heady issues as how to care for your roses, creative things you can do with pasta dishes, and apparently interviewing hard core punk bands. Unfortunately Sharon is nowhere to be seen in this interview, which is too bad because she was hot in her own comfortable way. A must see.

How Husker Du ended up on the Steve and Sharon show is beyond me. I can't believe that was already 20 years ago. I wonder where Sharon was during this part of the show. Probably too loud for her.

I should have mentioned this in the write up but the middle-age, suburban ladies clapping after Husker Du plays their first song is classic. I die laughing everytime I see that.

Husker Du is just so damn cool. This is surreal. Thanks for posting. The interview is fascinating.

Love for MN Music of the late '70s and '80s -- Suburbs, Replacements, Soul Asylum, Gear Daddies, Husker Du, Prince, Jayhawks, etc.

Thanks for the comments Husker Who. I think after I complete my write up of my 30 best loved albums I'm going to do a list on Minnesota bands from the 60s to the 80's. Look for it later this fall!

Really superb information can be found on web blog .

I like this web blog very much, Its a rattling nice spot to read and receive information.

Apple now has Rhapsody as an app, which is a great start, but it is currently hampered by the inability to store locally on your iPod, and has a dismal 64kbps bit rate. If this changes, then it will somewhat negate this advantage for the Zune, but the 10 songs per month will still be a big plus in Zune Pass' favor.

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on June 20, 2007 7:55 AM.

30 Best Loved Albums - Van Lear Rose was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.