Following into the Dark - Take 2

Last August I did a post on the song I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie and as you can see from the comments, the post has really stuck a chord with people who have faced end of life issues with family members. I am actually quite humbled that people have sought out this site and commented in their time of sorrow and loss. Now my family is going through the painful process of saying goodbye to someone who is in a coma. What is especially difficult is that on the 4th of July we are all together having blast, talking about fireworks, boats, and kids. A few hours later a heart attack leaves my brother-in-law in what is described as a β€œpermanent vegetative state.β€?

Modern medicine is amazing these days, as is our medical profession. The EMT’s found my brother-in-law without a pulse and were able to re-start his heart. Unfortunately the body needs oxygen and his body shut down all functions except for the bare minimum to survive: breathing and a beating heart.

When to end a life is an extremely painful decision. In one sense you want to hold out hope, but on the other, no brain activity is not really living. In the end it comes down to what you and your loved ones believe is quality of life. What makes it harder is that there are different levels of removing life support: Do you hydrate? How much pain medication should be administered? Given these questions, and the ultimate decision that must be made, it’s actually comforting to think that you would follow your loved one into the dark. The wish that you could tell them that very fact lies heavy in the room.

So talk to your loved one about end of life issues, get a will, write up a health directive. Tell them you if you could, you would follow them into the dark. Remember it will be difficult for your family members if they find themselves in the situation where they have to make end of life decisions, but it will be easier if they know that the decisions they have to make are ones that you have allowed them to make. In other words, allow your loved ones to follow you into the dark.

First of all, I am equally amazed by how many people are commenting on your original post on I Will Follow You Into the Dark. Some of the comments are pretty touching.

Secondly, I'm very sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. Your advice on end of life issues is good to consider. It is scary to think about how quickly life can change for all of us. Take care.

I hope people will especially take away from this the message to talk to your loved ones. My mom spent the bulk of her life as a diabetic and the last few years of it in kidney failure. Ultimately, there were complications that developed that left her the choice of being bedridden for her remaining life or stopping dialysis to let nature take its course. Technically, it as my decision as her caregiver to stop dialysis, but I was only able to make that decision because I knew it was what she wanted.

I, too, am sorry to hear about your brother in law. Whenever I hear news like this, I realize how much I take for granted every day.

Death, unfortunately, is something that I was forced to face relatively early in my life when I lost my dad, uncle and grandfather in a two year span in the early '80's. Then, ten years later, my mom passed away from breast cancer. Speaking of music, R.E.M's "Automatic For The People" helped me out through that time.

I've often looked for "life's meaning" in music, although I have not heard the DCFC song that you mentioned in your post. I'll have to check it out.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Thank you for the sensible critique. Me & my neighbor were just preparing to do some research on this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I thGreat Λ‡V I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task..

[/ M] beats by dr dre
Michael Jackson dance prestigious reiterate
a very worthwhile collection of dance movies
stage consciousness quite shocked ..!!! hint : Note that while outlooking the space background melody pause alternatively stop .!
[m]

,Rettetang ghd

GHD

LOGIN GHD Review Contact Us GHD Blog

Product Includes * Free shipping
* ghd Product Bag
* Thermal Protector
* Head wrap Product Specifications: * Auto sleep mode
* Universal voltage
* Advanced ceramic heaters
  Market price:$168.00--> Our price:$ 93.99

1, in the [My Computer] on the hidden floppy
In [Start] β†’ [Run] [Regedit] β†’ input β†’ β†’ [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] [Software] β†’ [Microsoft] β†’ [Windows] β†’ [CurrentVersion] β†’ [Policies] [Explorer]
β†’ β†’ add a DWORD value NoDrives] [numeric data,2012 dr dre beats, use the following settings
decimal and hides the A drive is (1), hidden disk B double that for the A disk (2), Hidden C drive double that for the B plate [4],
so on, as compared to all the hidden [67108863]

2, forget the user to solve Password problems
such as user login password forget
according to the following methods to solve the computer starts, press [F8] and select [Safe Mode With Command Prompt] [Administrator]
after the election [Command Prompt] will jump out the window with the [Net]
command to add a user, for example : add a user named alanhkg888, command syntax is as follows
net user alanhkg888 / add
will create a new user to the Administrator the power to raise, for example: to enhance the just increase the power of user alanhkg888, command syntax is as follows
net localgroup administrators alanhkg888 / add
complete the above steps, restart the computer, the startup screen will increase on a user alanhkg888, and enter the registry after the election alanhkg888] β†’ [Control Panel] β†’ [Select the user account password forgot user password and then select [Uninstall] after [such a]
In the login screen the user can select the original case without a password, etc. into (because it has unloaded)
just delete the new user, use the [Control Panel] β†’ [ who account] β†’ select [alanhkg888], then select [Uninstall] can account
* does not apply to forget the installation of the [administrator] to set the password

3, to cancel the user's password is valid
Right-click [My Computer] Select [Management] β†’ [Local Users and Groups] β†’ [users] have to right click
the user choose to cancel the password is valid [content] β†’ next [general] election [Password never expires] can

4, in the [My Computer] on the drive to change the name of
; the [Start] β†’ [Run] enter [regedit] β†’ β†’ select [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] [SOFTWARE] β†’ β†’ β†’ [Microsoft] [Windows] β†’ [CurrentVersion] β†’
in [Explorer , add a primary key] called [DriveIcons]
In] [DriveIcons, add a primary key name is equal to E Drive is the drive letter for example, [E]
[E] and then to increase in a primary key called [DefaultLabel]
In] [DefaultLabel the right window default value] [data value is set to drive the brand names such as [ Lite-on 0841]

5, change the floppy drive letter
In [Start] β†’ [Run] β†’ input [compmgmt.msc] β†’ [Computer Management in (the machine)] β†’ [storage] β†’ [] β†’ Disk Management window in the top right to change the code of the required right-click mouse options floppy [change floppy drive letter and path] β†’ [change] β†’
in [specify the following floppy drive letter ] on the change

6, when installing the driver check out [digital signature]
Click Start Control Panel System hardware driver signing options [ bypass - install the software directly, without my consent] can be a

7, modify other user's registry
In [Start] β†’ [Run] β†’ Key selection β†’ [regedit] [HKEY_USERS]
Registry Editor program and then press [] to [file] β†’ [Load Hive]
Open [Documents and Settings user name folder] selection [NTUSER.DAT]
Note:
1. [user name] to take the user to modify the registry
2. [is] NTUSER.DAT Hidden files and then press the [Start]
will pop-up dialog window in the primary key name] [enter the user name or any custom name
In under [HKEY_USERS] will have more than one primary key input [name] folder
This folder is required to modify the user registry, to modify the input just after the election back to the [primary key name] folder,
Registry Editor program and then press [] to [file] β†’ [Hive unload]

8, will start your computer in safe mode added choose to back up within
] [boot.ini file in case
use Notepad to open the boot.ini
the multi (x) disk (x) rdisk (x) partition (x) Windows = disk (x) rdisk (x) partition (x) Windows = input []
msconfig msconfig in []] β†’ [BOOT.INI and select
multi (x) disk (x) rdisk (x) partition (x) Windows = ; Microsoft Windows XP Professional Safeboot
Network = support network
Dsrepair = catalog maintenance
Minimal (Alternate Shell) = standard Explorer Desktop
reboot the menu will be more than a
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Safeboot of Choose

9, in system of personalized logo to display content and content
first make a name] [OEMLOGO.BMP logo size is about 90x90pixels, there [ Windows system32] were
then use Notepad to edit a file called
the file exists [OEMINFO.INI] [ Windows system32] were , says:

[General]
Manufacturer = [insert company name]
Model = [fill in the computer model]
[Support Information]
Line1 = [fill data [a]
Line2 = to fill data two]
Line3 = [fill in the information triple]
Line4 = [fill in the information content of four] if not filled

increase Line5, Line6 .... After right-click [My Computer] icon
election [content] will see the

10, change the registered name and organization name
In the [Start] β†’ [Run] enter [regedit] β†’ β†’ select [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] [SOFTWARE] β†’ β†’ β†’ [Microsoft] [Windows NT] β†’ [CurrentVersion]
change information] [RegisteredOwner value of newly registered people to change the name
] [RegisteredOrganization information is newly registered organization name

11, in the specified directory, open the Command Prompt
in [ Start] β†’ [Run] enter [regedit] β†’ β†’ select [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT] [Directory] β†’ β†’ β†’ [shell] add a primary key [CommandPrompt] [default]
in the Command Prompt to open again under the [CommandPrompt] add a primary key [command] default value [cmd.exe cd% 1]
complete any file in the Explorer folder right-click the mouse appears in the Command Prompt to open] [options
as unclear how to modify, you can download and extract, double-click the mouse can be completed in CommandPrompt.reg installation

12, use the Dir command displays the file name of the first
In the DOS Prompt using the Dir command is to display the date, this change becomes the first file name is displayed
right-click [My Computer] icon β†’ select β†’ [Content] [Advanced] β†’ [β†’ [environment variable] system variables] β†’ [New]
fill in the [variable name] [dircmd]
fill in [variable value] [/-n] [confirmed] by
can

13, use Command Prompt Command Prompt
copy the contents of
In Comand Prompt right-click the mouse anywhere on the [mark] β†’ select and copy the range to be selected and then Command Prompt
the title bar Right-click the mouse (not within the Command Prompt Windows) β†’ Select [Edit] β†’ [Copy] [scrapbook]
paste content
need to paste the location in the right-mouse click β†’ select [Paste] search for files in Windows XP
[search] function was very slow to use Command Prompt to Dir / s command functions will be several times faster instructions

DOS command DOS command syntax for use in Command Prompt, type [help] or increase [in the command /?] will be displayed
re-use has already been entered by the keyboard command
[↑] or [↓] key will show that has been used command, with the DOS command functions in the [same] Doskey

14, temporary administrator for the [computer system] [
part of the work in the restricted account] environment is not running, such as replacement of hardware drivers, install the software can not be set as follows
[off] [the computer system can be run as administrator] before pressing [Shift]
running the project button icons, right-click and then it would appear to run more than one [as] choice
click [run] as a window after the election [user]
then enter the following password] [[computer system can be run after administrator] to use the power

15 - run the file saved using the input file extension, such as some files
] [devmgmt.msc in the run-time must enter the entire press run file name
adjustments can be saved as the input file name extension] in the [[devmgmt.msc. msc
in the [console]] β†’ [System] β†’ [System Properties] β†’ [Advanced] β†’ [System variables in the select [] PATHEXT] β†’ select [Edit]
In] [edit system variables in the [[variable value] to join. msc] and with [;] β†’ [confirmed], sub-frame and then use [devmgmt.msc
change] only when the [Start] β†’ [Run], enter [devmgmt] can

16, add back the Administrator within the login menu to boot into Windows on your
XP, the login screen re-enter your log in the menu
In [Start] β†’ [Run] enter [regedit] β†’ β†’ β†’ [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] [SOFTWARE] β†’ [Microsoft] [Windows NT] β†’ β†’ β†’ [CurrentVersion] SpecialAccounts Winlogon] β†’ [[] β†’ in [UserList]] to add a DWORD value
[name [value] to [Administrator], value data [1] = display [0] = hidden

17, the entire batch automatically change the file name
Windows XP hides the entire batch can change the file name of the function, but only limited changes to the file name (1), (2), ( 3 ).... digital name
(1) be required to change the name of the file selected, then hold down the SHIFT key, right-click the mouse, you can now release the SHIFT key
(2) and then choose [re] hit
(3) click the first file and change the name, file name can be optional,
this sample is used (000) for the start, Then add in the name (01), optional other names such as (file), etc.,
(4) folders with the mouse on any empty space on the file name after it in order to change all the good

18 , change the size of Explorer Thumbnail
usually the default plug-in Windows XP preview program is 96X96, if you need a small preview of specifications that allow you to fix and there is a way
In [Start] β†’ [Run] enter [regedit] β†’ β†’ select [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] β†’ [Software] β†’
[Microsoft] β†’ [Windows] β†’ [CurrentVersion] [Explorer] ------ β†’ -------- increasing [dword]
[thumbnailSize] = value data in [32] to [256] between the (decimal)

19, ready to use [Notepad] Open the file
When the [Explorer] browser files often need to use [] to open the file in Notepad, such as pressing the right-click the mouse to modify at any time, giving rise to [use Notepad The choice of
Open] in [Start] β†’ [Run] enter [regedit] β†’ [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
selection β†’ [SOFTWARE] [Classes]] β†’ β†’ [*] [
in a new primary key] name [shell]
under the [shell] to add a primary key] [name [OpenInNotepad
]
In] [OpenInNotepad add a string value
value data [Use Notepad to open [OpenInNotepad
]] again in the next to add a primary key] [name [command]

in [command] to add a string value
value data [notepad.exe ;]

20, the temporary closure of another logged-on user
some cases you need to temporarily turn off your computer's user log in, you can make a small change in regedit can achieve their goals
In [Start] β†’ [Run] enter [regedit] β†’ β†’ β†’ [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] [SOFTWARE] [Microsoft] β†’
β†’ [] β†’ [Windows NT CurrentVersion Winlogon]] β†’ [] β†’ [β†’ [SpecialAccounts UserList]]
add a DWORD value
[name] [value for the need to close the user's login name, value data [0]
For the reopening of this information the user can simply change the value [1 can

]

This page contains a single entry by Freealonzo published on July 10, 2007 7:45 AM.

30 Best Loved Albums - Entertainment! was the previous entry in this blog.

Friday Random Top 10 is the next entry in this blog.